The Sweet Georgia Peach

Georgia PeachIf I had a list of "top ten flavors," I would include the taste of a sweet, tree-ripened, Georgia peach. This fruit could also win first prize in a beauty contest with its plump, fuzzy, blushing form, nestled in slender, arching leaves—quite an artistic triumph. Now let's hear it for the peach!

Yay, peach... You GO, peach... Woohoo... Peaches rule!

Are you surprised by my enthusiasm? Then try this: Peel and thinly slice five ripe peaches. Stir in about 1/2 cup of sugar, then let this sit for an hour as the juice runs out to form a syrup. Finally, spoon the fresh fruit mixture over some good-quality vanilla ice cream. I think you'll become a fan.

2 comments:

Paquito said...

Now I understand why, when visiting Atlanta/Georgia I found so many "Peach Streets" :-)

Nice blog and nice pictures :-)

Regards from Spain,

Paquito.
http://paquito4ever.blogspot.com

R.Powers said...

I agree! Nothing like a GA peach! I lived in Savannah for 3 years so I may not be entirely impartial.
I like that simple recipe and will try it.