Escape to the Deep

Millipede StarfishWhen vacationing at my favorite beaches, I usually play in the water or look for shells along the shore. But once each day, I make a point to search for digital treasure.

This graceful Millipede Starfish was stranded on a sandbar when I happened along with my camera. The creature was in full view of approaching beachcombers who might seize it as a vacation trophy. Providence had placed me there to prevent this tragedy.

Carefully sliding my hand beneath the nine-legged body, I lifted it into the shallow surf. The starfish quickly revived, and I took some photos—my reward for helping it escape. Then I moved it into the deep and out of sight.

6 comments:

Cody Stauffer said...

Thank you so much for sharing your passion with us. These pictures are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are wonderful! I also like to take pictures of nature.

Cheryl said...

Oh, that water is so clear and you captured the ripples so well.

Reminds me of this story:

http://looktolord.blogspot.com/2007/06/make-difference.html

matthew pierre said...

I love the pictures you post on your blogs. It makes me feel like you took them from here in my country.

Anonymous said...

I find this blog only casually, but i think this is a very good event. I will come more often to see new beautiful photos!

R.Powers said...

Good for you!
It's better alive than as a dust catcher on a shelf.