Garden by the Sea

Big Sur, CaliforniaIn May of 2006, my daughter was married on "The Wedding Rock" at Carmel River State Park in California. This natural rock platform rests on a high bluff overlooking the Pacific. The weather was perfect, and even the local guests were in awe of the view. As icing on the cake, the lovely bride strolled onto the scene by way of a meadow path.

On the following day, I drove south from Carmel and took pictures along highway 1 through Big Sur, a 90-mile stretch of phenomenal views. I was in photographers' heaven!

"Garden by the Sea" is one of my all-time favorite photos. It perfectly represents my day of exploration. The Pacific really is that blue! The mountainsides were adorned with hardy blooming succulents, wild herbs and many plants I hadn't seen before.

No comments: