Tiger Swallowtail

Tiger Swallowtail

A beautiful Tiger Swallowtail allowed me to take dozens of photos. Many of them were keepers, and I've had trouble deciding which one to post.

Tiger SwallowtailThese butterflies are huge. When in flight, the big yellow wings attract our attention, just like a waving flag. The Tiger Swallowtail is fairly common, and the southern subspecies is largest of all. Only females wear the long string of neon blue jewels.

Please click the small photo to see more detail.

3 comments:

Paquito said...

You filled up my RSS Reader! :-))))

Photos are amazing: thanks for sharing them :-))

Regards from Spain,

Paquito.
http://paquito4ever.blogspot.com

brenlou said...

Hi! I very much enjoyed your pictures and writings! Loved the swallowtail pictures!! It is especially a treat to see pictures of the ocean and all God's creation in areas so different from Iowa!!

I was amazed snd blessed that you found my blog!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan
I love this shot. It reminds me of our family's holiday stays at Callaway Gardens -- and the butterfly center there. Beautiful Shot! Pamela W. Atlanta